Just a game

In my youth, I fancied myself a bass player. Stanley Clark was my first bass hero, and his album "School Days" a longtime fixture on my piece-of-junk turntable. I mostly listened for his chops, so the relatively tame tune "Life is just a game" didn't get as much play. It's more or less Fuzak with some mellow humming and singing. Here are the lyrics:

So life is just a game / and there's many ways to play. / And all you do is choose. / La, la, la, la, la. <Throw in a few fast licks, repeat>

Stanley's known for musicality, not meaningful lyrics. But since I recently switched from creative to strategy at my super-sized advertising agency, these lyrics have become my motto. This blog is about me figuring out how to uncover the best strategic choices in the game of business. My goal is to cast a wide net here, to include everything I come across that seems relevant, from obvious to tangential. Could come from the game theory book I'm reading right now but don't really understand, or from the losing game of Scrabble I just played with my family.

My goal is for regularity as much as quality. So if you see a couple posts here a week, you'll know things in strategy are good. If not, maybe I chose wrong.

Comments

Popular Posts